Monday, April 2, 2012

A weekend Getaway

This past weekend we took a little trip down to Charleston where Kris ran in the Cooper River Bridge Run. It was the biggest race I've ever witnessed. 43,000 people running in the race. Insane.

We arrived Friday and enjoyed the Taste of the Bridge Run where we enjoyed a beautiful sunset!


Afterwards we headed to back to the house we were staying at. If you haven't tried Airbnb you definitely should! We booked a room last minute and instead of paying $350 for a night we paid $60 for a room at Anne and Vernon's place in Mt. Pleasant. They were wonderful hosts and it was comforting to know we knew a local couple to help us out with tips and directions!

Race rules stated that the runners had to be in line by 7am so I dropped Kris off at the starting line at 6:30 and rushed over the bridge to get a parking spot at the finish. Due to the number of runners the race started 2 hours late and Kris didn't even start until 9:41! I felt so bad for him, but he did a great job and finished in 70 minutes! I was so proud.


After the race we grabbed a bite to eat and headed home to get our Kali Dog. She stayed with Mom and Dad V. for the night and played so hard with Jud that she had "Happy Tail" poor doggy. (Normally her tail is straight up)


It was a fun weekend and went by fast but thankfully we have a short work week! Speaking of work I haven't told them about the baby coming, figure I ought to wait til I get back from my next vacation! Hiding my bump is getting a little harder... 15 weeks now!


I've been reading a lot about my birthing options- mostly drugs or no drugs... so much to consider!

Well, thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment