Saturday, August 11, 2012

One more month!

Well time is really catching up with me! In one month we will be parents to a sweet little boy! I can hardly wait!

This past month has had some surprises, some I will never forget.

My mother in law and sister in law threw a wonderful shower for Beck... we were spoiled and had a terrific time! It was jungle theme and there wasn't a thing I would have done differently. So Much Fun!












My sister in law Lulu made the cake




and my cousin Jo brought these cute cupcakes made by Chubby Cupcakes




Kris had even ordered these cute receiving blanket cupcakes as a surprise for me.



After such a wonderful day we loaded up the car and headed home only Kris made me cover my eyes and said he had one more surprise. He led me into the house and took me into the old computer room and had me open my eyes... I couldn't believe it. Apparently he had all the guys helping paint, lay carpet and decorate Beck's room while I was having my baby shower. I love it and still can't believe it's done. I sat in there for hours that night just putting things away and imagining Beck in this room.











The next few weeks were difficult as I was trying to stay off my feet and obey the "modified" bedrest  the doctor had put me on but at our 32 week appointment we were told I'd have to go in the hospital for almost a week since I was already dilated 2-3 cm and 90% effaced. I didn't realize it but I was having contractions and they were worried Beck would come too early. So, Kris packed up our stuff and we planted ourselves in the Labor and Delivery room for 5 days. I learned what my contractions felt like by watching the monitor and to prevent them from getting too intense they put me on some meds to help keep them at bay.

When the doctors released us I was so thankful to go home to our dogs and our comfortable bed. I even got crafty and started painting some pictures for Beck's room.

We just had our 34 week appointment and the doctors are thrilled we made  it to this point and our next goal is 36 weeks. After 36 weeks they are comfortable with Beck being born and say he shouldn't need to be in the nicu at that point.

So, we are pressing along trying to get the last minute things done (still have to sew curtains for Beck's room and talk Kris into picking up our crib in Virginia) but other than that I have been trying to prepare myself for labor and watching tons of youtube videos of breathing techniques and labor positions... it's slightly scary but I know God made our bodies to have children so I am trusting it all goes well.



Count down to 36 weeks: 12 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment